If you are seeking an exceptional opportunity to engineer products driven by the voice of the customer (VOC) and customer back innovation, our Project Engineer role may be right for you!
ITW Global Tool Unit (GTU) is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to participate in product development and technical project management activities for combustion-based and pneumatic fastening systems. The candidate will engage in product design and innovation activities aimed at creating fastening systems which meet a defined set of customer driven requirements by applying engineering expertise, technical creativity and problem-solving skills.
As a central component of ITW’s Construction segment the GTU innovates, develops, and manufactures best-in-class power fastening systems for the global marketplace, serving construction markets in North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia. Our highly differentiated systems are specified to be used in a variety of applications including wood framing, wood trim, and steel to concrete installations.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Commercialize designs based on marketing specifications, communicate design goals to other team members and develop those designs utilizing 3D CAD.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design, layout, evaluation and documentation of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Understanding critical interactions and design characteristics which ensure robust system performance.
- Manage the creation and testing of prototypes to meet performance specifications and demonstrate technical feasibility.
- Utilize advanced analysis tools to optimize designs.
- Work with Sourcing to select and implement appropriate manufacturing processes and vendors to ensure cost-effective, robust products that achieve market success.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to product development project team members.
- Technical Project Management
- Design for Manufacturing
- CAD Design/Modeling tools
- Tolerance Stack-Up
- Statics & Dynamics
- Strength of Materials/Material Selection
- Pneumatics/Fluid Dynamics
- Finite Element Analysis
- Critical Problem Solving Skills
- BS in Engineering – Mechanical or Mechatronics preferred
- 5+ years design experience in mechanical and electro-mechanical products
- Experience moving new products through development stages to product launch
- Experience with project management and technical leadership
- 3D CAD experience required
- Travel up to 15%