Segment Sourcing Manager – Automotive (#3427)
ITW’s Automotive Segment is comprised of multiple, independently managed businesses worldwide that develop innovative solutions for Automotive OEM applications including Body & Fuel Systems, Powertrain, Air Flow Management, Seat, Safety, and Motion, and Fasteners. The Segment has 5 platforms managing 18 total operating divisions found primarily in Asia, Europe and North America.
The Segment Sourcing Manager will report to the Group Director, Strategic Sourcing for Automotive who in turn reports to the Executive Vice President, Automotive. This position will be responsible for the Segment Sourcing initiatives to achieve meaningful long-term material cost reduction/operating income improvement and improve supply chain risk management.
The position will be a combination of strategy and implementation activities and will impact the Automotive Segment where cross-division actions benefit the business. It is expected that approximately 80% of the focus will be on Automotive Segment initiatives and 20% supporting the broader ITW enterprise.
- Understand and manage supplier focused initiatives that drive improved profitability of the Automotive Segment within ITW. Have a strong grasp of the financial performance of all divisions within Auto and report on the supply-side risks and opportunities impacting the business on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Identify major segment savings opportunities and develop action plans to achieve those goals. Collaborate with Auto divisions and non-Automotive sister Segments to leverage ITW spend and supplier relationships to optimize results. This includes using internal data sources for Spend, Category Management, Tracked Initiatives, external Market intelligence on various Categories, and analyzing those sources to develop conclusions and priorities on a routine basis.
- Have a deep understanding of Automotive OEM qualification processes and standards for new materials and/or supplier approvals to best define the viability and implementation timetables in realistic and quantifiable terms.
- Demonstrate category expertise in both Plastic Resin and Metals/Metal fabrication as these represent the “80” of the Automotive Spend within ITW.
- Assess sourcing and procurement talent throughout the organization and identify priority gaps. This should focus across the Segment but a general awareness of sister Segment/SSG ITW talent is expected to be developed over time.
- Participate in cross-collaboration between the facilities and with other segments to increase ITW enterprise wide savings initiatives
- Demonstrate the skills to create Pro Forma P&L analytics across multiple scenarios. This should include the ability to read standard financial statements from internal divisions, break down operational cost to product lines, and compare with external supplier quotes to validate business case.
- Ensure the Automotive operations meet all legal and financial policy requirements.
- Utilize the ITW Sourcing toolkit that can be applied to opportunities and use the TCO approach to quanitify benefits and results in a manner that can be reported through monthly and quarterly updates to the business.
- Where appropriate, protect ITW’s long-term interest with formal contracts or agreements between ITW and its suppliers. Have a working knowledge of regional legal risks and commercial terms and conditions, applying those to contracts as required. Monitor contract performance and assess/report risks.
- Communicate proactively with Automotive leadership when market trends and/or risks are identified within the portfolio of businesses. Create recommendations and action plans to mitigate those risks within the business units and across platforms.
- Actively engage in Negotiations of contracts and/or facilitation of local negotiations with Divisional Sourcing teams. Utilize best practices to improve results of negotiations within the business.
- Achieve Yearly Savings targets for Auto; drive those savings collaboratively with other functional areas to protect OI goals/yield (R&D, Innovation, Business Development).
- Integrate supplier feedback and technical capabilities with business unit leadership to deliver enhancements to existing products, expedited roll out of future products, and contain costs due to commodity market fluctuations.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably with a business discipline
- 8-10 years of broad sourcing or manufacturing leadership experience, preferably in chemical processing including multi-location, global business units
- Working knowledge of chemical manufacturers, packaging manufacturers, and logistics/supply chain operations
- Exceptional analytical skills in development of business cases including but not limited to expert skills with Excel/Access and cognitive skills to cross reference files of different formats and sources.
- Exposure with eProcurement software solutions
- Experience communicating to Executive stakeholders within the overall business and prioritizing the actions that support the overall mission
- Exceptional Project Management skills in multi-location, multi-country operations that include stakeholders with localized P&L accountabilities
- Direct knowledge of indirect cost center management including: operating leases, material handling equipment acquisitions, logistics service/freight buying experience, office supplies, technology.
- Experience implementing supply management scorecards, accountability matrices and subsequent negotiation/supplier alignment on business interests.
- Strong track record of financial data analysis, budget planning and driving procurement strategies
- Prior experience managing at least $500M in annualized spend in a Purchasing/Sourcing role
- Ability to prioritize and apply ITW 80/20 principal to all projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct line authority
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience managing complexity and change
- Willing and able to travel internationally and domestically on a regular basis.