Machine/Equipment Operator 3rd Shift (3352)
ITW Commercial Construction North America is seeking a Machine/Equipment to complete basic setup and operation of metal forming manufacturing equipment to produce product per quality specifications in an efficient and safe manner
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.Core Responsibilities:
• Assist and perform set-up and operation of metal forming manufacturing equipment, plasma cutters, saws, coating, and spot-welding equipment
• Meet Production standard rates while maintaining high level of quality and low scrap
• Monitor machine’s performance, gauges, and quality output per instructions
• Perform all quality checks per standard operating procedures and quality specification sheets
• Track and document quality checks and scrap for assigned equipment
• Work with other team members and participate in team events/meetings
• Follow all prescribed safety/housekeeping practices and procedures
• Perform other duties assigned as needed to support plant and customer needs
• Other duties as assigned.
1. CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM SUCCESS - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
2. QUALITY ORIENTATION – Demonstrates ability to accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved no matter how small. Showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
3. SAFETY AWARENESS – Demonstrates ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
4. WORK STANDARDS - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• High School Diploma or GED; or six months related experience and/or training.
• Previous manufacturing experience highly preferred (set up, operate, changeover, use of measurement tools and knowledge of preventative maintenance)
• Must be able to work 11:00 PM – 7:30 AM (Sun-Thur) for 3rd Shift Position, overtime and occasional weekends as required
• Able to understand basic machinery
• Able to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer solutions
• Able to read drawings/specification sheets and follow instructions
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• Must be able to successfully complete supplemental training (i.e. reading drawings, technical math, and measurement tools)
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical manufacturing working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to walk, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to sit on a 4 feet high forklift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Mount and dismount power industrial vehicle using arms to grip and pull him/herself on to forklift.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.