Service Engineer - Mexico
Hi-Cone, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beer, soft drink and general products industries. We are advocates of packaging alternatives that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns.
Provide exceptional technical equipment support to insure the efficiency of the Hi-Cone System. Maintain a positive image and professional appearance for ITW Hi-Cone and cultivate positive customer relationships. Protect the interests of ITW Hi-Cone by providing internal Hi-Cone departments with field intelligence that will help protect and grow the business.
**This is a remote role located in Mexico**
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of Hi-Cone carrier application equipment within customers’ bottling plants. Machinery ranges from 1980’s vintage VFD controlled single motor/mechanical drive machinery to newer multi-axis servo-controlled machinery.
- Troubleshoot issues with Hi-Cone carrier and address quality concerns.
- Complete responsibility for Northern Mexico territory including:
- Being first contact for customers, even in emergencies
- Scheduling your own jobs
- Working independently to resolve customers’ electrical and mechanical issues
- Auditing and overhauling machinery
- Installing new machines
- Converting machines for new capabilities
- Providing customer training on machine operation and maintenance
- Recommending machine upgrades
- Attending factory acceptance tests for new machines (when available)
- Reporting all equipment safety concerns
- Recommending engineering changes when required
- Generating accurate documentation including service reports and detailed expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Actively communicating with appropriate internal and external personnel in a positive and respectful manner.
- Conduct assignments within other regions as requested by the Lead Field Service Technician and Service Manager
- Minimize travel expenses through efficient planning, efficient work, and effective time management.
- Comply with industry and customer rules of conduct and safety.
- When not on vacation or approved time off, must be available for emergency calls
- Mechatronics Associates Degree, preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in electro-mechanical operation and maintenance of industrial machinery including:
- Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC & HMI programming
- working knowledge of PLCs, VFDs, servo drives, relay logic
- ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics and ladder logic.
- following Lock out-tag out procedures.
- mechanical troubleshooting, repair, and installation
- Bilingual – able to speak, read, write and comprehend both Spanish and English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Computer skills: MS Office Suite & Internet
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to eight plus hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds for extended periods.
- Must be able to handle frequent bending/stooping, squatting and maintaining balance.
- Must live within Northern Mexico and within 1-hour drive to a major airport.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license at all times.
- Must maintain a valid passport at all times.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.