Job Title: Buyer
Division: Engine Repair
- Purchase items for production plan in accordance with the master production schedule, which seek to optimize inventory costs. Ensure delivery schedules meet production requirements.
- Purchase finished goods from outside suppliers in accordance to Market Rate of Demand (MRD) requirements and customer orders required dates.
- Be observant and knowledgeable of new processes and products that may reduce costs.
- Confirm supplier delivery dates for purchasing material and expedite orders when necessary.
- Generate and issue reports to other groups to advise of deviations in delivery dates and other changes to plan. Inform involved departments of changes in delivery status, market conditions, quality problems and cost fluctuations.
- Access and input revisions (e.g., quantity, ship date) in order to update MRD reports.
- Review reports and other documentation to ensure the accuracy of reported inventory levels.
- Perform value analysis.
- Negotiate with new or existing suppliers to establish competitive contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for sourcing year over year cost savings.
- Analyze MRD requirements and other order demands in a timely manner to ensure timely and appropriate response. Reviews requirements daily and makes appropriate MPS adjustment
- Schedules production lines to ensure timely product availability to meet both dependent and independent demands
- Serves as principle liaison with the Customer Service Group to ensure high level customer service within production capabilities
- Employs appropriate scheduling techniques to effectively utilize manufacturing resources. Works with Production Supervisors and maintains surveillance over orders in process to maintain schedule conformity
- Recommends data changes regarding lead times, minimum balances, lot sizes, and order policy coding relative to scheduling area
- Acts within the scope of the Master Schedule Policy and ensures that the Production Manager is apprised of all deviations and problems affecting schedule attainment or policy deviation
- Coordinates with Warehousing, Data Control, Product Managers, and Director of Purchasing on issues regarding art changes, inventory phase cuts and new product introductions
- Performs various other duties as required
- BA/BS in Business Management or related area required; relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- 2 years scheduling experience and 2-4 years of production-related purchasing experience
- Knowledge of MRD is required; JDE preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Strong analytical and communication skills needed
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications, general word processing, and MS Outlook capability
- Familiarity with production applications and process required
- Up to 10% travel
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.