Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager reports to the Director of Strategic Marketing and owns all product management & marketing initiatives for the Case Packing product family. Scope of work will include product vision & strategy, product portfolio & lifecycle management, product value creation, go-to-market strategies, competitor assessment, customer engagement and new product innovation/development support. The Senior Product Manager will work across multiple functions and ITW businesses to formulate and execute targeted initiatives to increase Case Packing profitability & market share. This highly visible role requires strong analytical skills, imaginative thought leadership, external focus, collaborative working style and excellent communication skills to influence business growth and the overall strategic direction of the business according to the ITW business model.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Set the short- and long-term vision and strategy for Case Packing product portfolio, including strategic growth roadmap and product line simplification
- Manage the entire product lifecycle for product lines in the Case Packing portfolio
- Oversee and drive overall product line profitability & market share growth per defined revenue, cost & margin targets. Leverage complementary product lines from other ITW businesses to deliver on growth initiatives.
- Identify product specific market / customer trends, translate that into segmentation, targeting and positioning strategies with action plans to harness market opportunities
- Drive go-to-market and commercialization strategies for new and existing products within assigned product portfolio
- Own the creation, validation and messaging of product value propositions through understanding of market and customer requirements
- Develop annual and multi-year pricing strategies through a clear understanding of product profitability, customer needs, and competitive environment to support pricing targets for revenue growth.
- Lead the collection and analysis of competitive intelligence and measurement of market share for product family; conduct primary market research, as needed, to support business development opportunities.
- Create a clear understanding of the current and future market direction, needs, and potential receptivity to new products and services, and incorporate this understanding into strategy and tactical product plans.
- Collaborate with engineering and sales teams on decisions related to product, customers and strategic partnerships.
- Assist in the development and delivery of information, content and tools that aligns to the customer’s journey (sales playbook, demo, target customer lists, win/loss analysis, etc.)
- Travel up to 30% per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related
- 10+ years of related commercial experience including marketing, sales and/or product management.
- Industrial B2B commercial experience.
- Clear-thinker, good listener, externally focused, and problem-solver.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while building effective relationships with customers and internal parties, including division leadership and executives.
- Strong indirect influencing skills (i.e. influencing non-direct-report team members).
- Established analytical skills and proven ability to translate data into actionable insights and results.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs with high quality results.
- Ability to work in and/or lead cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Driven change agent with bias for action with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, as required.
- Graduate degree in Business (MBA), Economics, Marketing or related field
- Secondary packaging industry knowledge and experience
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.