Global Human Resources Director
Global Human Resources Director
Lake Bluff, IL
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80 years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. With employees globally Buehler continues to be a market-leading technology to support our customer’s in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
ITW is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 48,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
The Global Human Resources Director is part of the Buehler Global Leadership Team and reports directly to the Vice President & General Manager.
The primary responsibility of the role is to align and execute the HR strategy to influence business success. This includes: proactive workforce planning, talent acquisition, performance management, organizational design & effectiveness, employee development and engagement. The Global Human Resources Director:
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key department and functional leaders to understand the current and future business challenges, gain trust and build credibility. Understands the short and long term goals of the business including talent & organizational capabilities.
- Develops an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, team-work and high performance.
- Actively manages talent in the pipeline as part of the business cycle. Develops high-potential talent for functional roles and exports to other functions.
- Provides HR thought leadership and tactical support to ensure successful implementation and regular monitoring of global HR programs and processes.
- Provides performance management guidance to all levels of supervisory and management staff to include coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary action.
- Works closely with management and team members to improve working relationships, develop employee engagement, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on department restructures, change initiatves and talent planning.
- Manages and administers the various HR functions such as recruitment & selection, compensation, training and development, employee relations, record keeping, payroll, and compliance
- Participates in and provides Human Resources updates to the business segment HR leadership team.
- Creates organizational development and employee training programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of progressive Human Resources professional experience with evidence of aligning HR strategy to business strategy. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong functional leadership with team skills to support the division.
- Proven leadership, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Solid business acumen, management reporting and problem-solving skills.
Key Experiences Required:
• Hands-on business partner orientation, strong influencing skills, and communication capability.
• Experience developing & implementing people and organization plans to ensure organizational readiness and capability to meet changing business conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to produce results within a decentralized environment and to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Experience in change management, employee engagement and use of analytical skills to identify opportunities & measure results.
• Experience with assessment and development of talent with the ability to leverage knowledge and insights to make talent decisions.