Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance/Facility Manager
Job Code: NETC015
JD Reviewed: 10/16/2019
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues total $14.8 billion in 2018.
This position is within ITW’s Zip-Pak division. Zip-Pak is the global leader in resealable solutions for the flexible packaging industry. Our expertise in zipper, application technology, and packaging systems makes Zip-Pak the primary choice of brand owners, OEM’s, and converters for innovative resealable solutions. Zip-Pak’s lean, modern, and continuous manufacturing environments produce zippers using high-volume plastic extrusion. Manufacturing sites are in the United States, Europe, and South America.
The Maintenance Technician’s performs work involving two or more maintenance skills to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve welding, machine and equipment repairing, and electrical work. At all times observes and follow safety, HACCP/Relevant Food Safety guidelines and policies.
- Ability to read mechanical blue prints
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Operates/produces good quality AC/DC & acetylene welds
- Utilize mechanical precision measuring instruments
- Utilize electrical measuring instruments
- Understands pneumatic & hydraulic systems
- Record work performance
- Must be able to implement record keeping for all machines
- Assist in training as required
- Knowledge of production machine functions
- Operates all machine shop equipment:
- Milling machines
- Surface Grinders
- Drill press
- Band saw
- Trouble shoot equipment: electrical / mechanical and repair
- Assembly of very complex machine parts
- Maintains chiller system
- Maintain plant air supply system
- Assist in restarting production machines
- Maintains resin feed system
- Record and maintain spare part usage
- Possess the knowledge and understanding of process controls
- Understands Industrial electrical wiring and 3 phase systems.
- Knowledgeable of A/C and D/C motors and controls
- Understands PLC process controls.
Formal Education & Certification
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Specialized Training/Certifications: Forklift license, Machine Repair, Electrical Repair, Refrigeration, Preventive maintenance, Facilities maintenance, Welding, Pneumatics, and PLC knowledge
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 years of industrial manufacturing experience
- Extrusion knowledge/experience preferred
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle pressure and challenges
- The capability to take proactive steps in managing problems
- Understands and practices all safety/hygiene and GMP rules
- Leads by example and ensures compliance to AIB and SQF rules
- Reports all unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor; corrects where possible
- Applies good housekeeping standards and keeps area clean and organized
- Demonstrates and ensures that safety is first in all process activities
- Maintains clean and orderly workplace/equipment
- Possess the knowledge of LOTO
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.