R&D Technician Duties
ITW Hartness is looking for a Machinist/ Mechanical Technician to work in our R&D Prototype shop. This technician will need to run a mill, lathe, saw, grinder, and drill press to meet prototype shop and production requirements for parts needed daily. This individual will also build, test, and troubleshoot prototype machinery. This employee will also occasionally provide service for customers and interface with customers.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
What you will do:
- You will receive orders from the Prototype shop manager and make parts in the shop with material provided.
- You will diagnose errors and technical problems to determine proper solutions as well as produce timely and detailed service reports.
- You will collaborate with the technical team and share information across the organization to build positive relationships with clients and coworkers.
- You will satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and using appropriate field automation systems, procedures, and protocols.
What we are looking for:
- Ability work well within a team environment to produce quality materials for our production and manufacturing teams
- Understanding of safety rules of the shop and the equipment
- Understanding of basic AC/DC circuits and cable size.
- Strong understanding of blue prints, electrical symbols, and electrical schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot and find the root cause of issues as well as think logically about solutions
- Aptitude with machine diagnostics, functionality, and equipment testing
- Physical ability to regularly lift 35 lbs., bend and twist, stand and/or walk for an entire 10 – 12-hour shift.
- Able to work overtime or travel on occasion with short notice, less than 5% travel
- Some PLC background, along with basic electrical troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic components knowledge
Education and Experiences:
- Associates Degree in a related field (such as Machine Tool Technology courses) or equivalent certifications
- 6 Years of related machining experience
- Experience with manual milling
- Proficiency with reading blueprints and measuring tools
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law