Product Support Specialist
Open Position Posting
We are presently seeking candidates for a Product Support Specialist to join our Marketing Department in Solon, OH.
The Product Support Specialist is a primary point of contact for end users of Permatex products. They are principally responsible for receiving, assessing and responding to all customer inquiries regarding product education, selection, application, & complaints. This role is critical in reinforcing the company’s leading market position by helping develop and implement training materials and programs for our retail and distribution partners. This position, reporting to the Sr. Product & Innovation Manager, also gathers and reports key information that helps improve our products, improve our packaging, identify new product ideas and uncover new market opportunities.
- Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provides technical support to automotive mechanics, enthusiasts, countermen & distributors to advise on proper material selection for specific applications
- Preparation and review of technical marketing documents/ literature to support the Brand Marketing & Product Management teams.
- Responds to inquiries from internal or external customers, takes action & escalates issues according to company practices
- Documents & reports all product issues and complaints
- Works with Product Management & Innovation team to identify and resolve product issues and highlight opportunities for new products based on end user feedback
- Keeps abreast of market trends and changes to identify / suggest New Product Initiatives for evaluation
- Works collaboratively with Customer Service group to share information and improve communication and process execution
- Basic Qualifications:
- 1-3 years in a Technical Services, Customer Service or Product Support role.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in automotive mechanics, automotive chemistry and/or adjacent industries (Industrial/Construction).
- Associate/Technical degree required
- ASE Mechanic Certification (preferred)
- Fluent English (Bi-lingual desirable)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Minimum one (1) year experience with contact management systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written / oral communication ability
- Must be able to work independently and adapt readily to change
- Possesses systems aptitude and analytical skills
- Ability to establish positive relationships with all internal teams
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.