Maintenance/Repair Technician - 1st Shift (3306)
ITW Commercial Construction is seeking a 1st Shift Maintenance/Repair Technician to perform repair and maintenance to machinery, mechanical equipment, production machines. This role will support cost savings initiatives, process improvement, and efficiency gain.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer-centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Works from blueprints, sketches and/or actual parts. Rebuilds tools and machine parts from broken and worn parts. Troubleshoots and maintains production machines. Welds and brazes.
- Builds new machines and dies. Repairs and maintains dies and tooling.
- Under minimum supervision, installs and troubleshoots all phases of electrical work – both AC & DC – 100V – 480V. Installs conduit and control panels. Troubleshoots electric motors and controls. Runs machine shop equipment and does minor repair work. Installs and repairs all types of piping.
- Uses volt and Ammeters, micrometers, calipers, lathes, mills, welders, cutting torch and saw.
- Maintains Maintenance P.M. Program and inputs work order data into maintenance computer system.
- Required to use forklifts and hand lifts.
- Actively supports company quality system and plant Goals.
- Responsible for own work. However, may work as a team with other team members.
- Follow ALL safety rules.
- Keep work areas neat and clean at all times.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED, required. Associate’s degree in mechanical or electrical, preferred.
- 3+ years of directly related mechanical/electrical experience preferred.
- Ability to work 6:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. Must be able to work off shift hours.
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours with occasional overtime,
- Fluent in Industrial electricity a plus.
- Must possess an understanding and working knowledge of a combination of electrical/electronic, automation, machining methods and techniques, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and machine design.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand operating instructions and to interpret complex instructions, sketches, blueprints and proprietary programming codes.
- Electrical/Hydraulic licenses/certifications and/or others relevant to the operation are a plus.
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolution.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively between team members and management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical manufacturing working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. This manufacturing plant is not air conditioned. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to walk, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to sit. The employee must often lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.