ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
With direction from Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for a wide range of mechanical, electrical, industrial, packaging and manufacturing engineering services. This includes assessment of manufacturing processes, identification of improvement opportunities, and project management around implementation of identified solutions. Position supports a single site facility and is located in the Cincinnati, OH area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Asses and improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Conduct studies, gather and interpret data to assist plant leadership in decisions related to facility, equipment, and processes.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on equipment replacement or upgrades providing justification and economic impact as necessary.
- Project management of equipment or facility related installations, upgrades, and moves as assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Assist Engineering Manager with management of facilities related vendors and service providers (ex- custodial, landscaping, exterminator, etc.), assuming primary responsibility as directed.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Previous manufacturing experience strongly preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Auto CAD).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management abilities
- Thorough attention to detail in all activities
- Familiarity with root cause analysis techniques
- Professional presentation skills
- Understanding of OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and the ability to determine the applicability of these regulations to facility’s processes
- Travel required (<10%)
The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation. Please refer to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
ITW is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.