Technical Software Consultant
Alpine has an opening for a Technical Software Consultant located in the Reno, Las Vegas, San Diego or Los Angeles region, who will maintain existing customers and support new business opportunities by providing demonstrations and technical assistance to end users. The Technical Software Consultant will have a territory and will be the key technical adviser in consulting and educating customers on Alpine’s proprietary software suite.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to home builders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Maintain existing customers and support new business opportunities by providing demonstrations and technical assistance to end users.
- Partner with sales in new account acquisitions and new software features.
- Evaluate plant operations of prospects to determine how prospects may utilize Alpine software to increase productivity and reduce paperwork
- Manage technical project of initial installation, business rule files, and software training through the transition of support to the Help Desk team.
- Act as software expert in the territory for escalated and higher level requests.
- Introduce customers to new features of software.
- Build rapport and develop lasting relationships with customers.
- Work cross-functionality with software development on territory market needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing or Construction Management preferred.
- Experience in construction technology preferred
- Knowledge of truss plant operations, i.e., software, paper flow, production and plant layout helpful, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional Presentation skills
- Proven experience as a highly motivated, results-driven, self-starter
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Industry related software experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Valid Driver’s license within state of residence and good driving record
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.