Software Help Desk Analyst
Alpine is seeking a Help Desk Analyst at our Maryland Heights location that will consult with customers and internal users to ensure efficient use of the Alpine Truss Design Software Suite. They will also troubleshoot specific application issues along with making software and hardware recommendations to optimize the benefits of the software.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry's best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are alos a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to ehlp employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Evaluate, prioritize and solve all incoming requests for assistance from users/customers having difficulty with the Alpine design software, including some hardware, network operations, printing and other computer/software related problems.
- Assist Designers with software functionality and best practices in component framing/design.
- Document identified problems/defects in the software in the appropriate database to provide specific data to assist in efficient resolution of the problem.
- Assist users in identifying appropriate software operating systems, printers, network servers, etc. and make recommendations that will work in their environment and with the Alpine Design Software programs.
- Works closely with Field Software Consultants and Sales Department.
- Develop expert proficiency in the variety of software products and supporting systems to ensure effective resolution to customer issues.
- Two or four-year college degree (A.S. or B.S.) in architectural technology preferred
- Two year previous experience in Help Desk Environment
- Prefer two years working experience in a truss plant using truss design software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries/complaints from customers.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Experience in deductive reasoning to identify and solve issues.
- Experience in prioritizing, escalating and contributing to team objectives.
Most of the time will be spent in a quiet office environment. On occasion, the employee may be required to spend time in the manufacturing environment.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.