Field Service Technician
Are you a self-starter with field service technician expertise who exceeds customer service expectations? We would love to have you become a respected member of our team! Your goal will be to drive service success through customer satisfaction, maximize client retention, and increase profitability. You will also apply your high-level knowledge of science, mathematics, and technology to enhance client trust, build rapport, and drive yourself and your team to meet annual goals. If you want a career where your direct influence and opinions matter, then consider working for us. You will experience the excitement of fostering team unity as you work in close collaboration with management and fellow team members to create positive working relationships.
What you will do:
- You will provide customer service and support during field visits, and tie workflow to schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- You will Manage all onsite installation, maintenance, repairs, and equipment testing tasks as well as thoroughly document all related processes.
- You will diagnose errors and technical problems to determine proper solutions as well as produce timely and detailed service reports.
- You will collaborate with the technical team and share information across the organization to build positive relationships with clients and coworkers.
- You will satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and using appropriate field automation systems, procedures, and protocols.
- You will study system requirements, order and gather essential components and parts, complete installations, and performing quality assurance tests.
- You will maintain customer satisfaction by using creativity and ingenuity to investigate complaints, identify resolutions, suggest enhanced operating techniques, and recommend system improvements.
- You will provide training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
What we are looking for:
- Physical ability to regularly lift 35 lbs., bend and twist, stand and/or walk for an entire 10 – 12-hour shift. Able to work overtime or travel with short notice
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and repair issues in an effective manner.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail, project management ability, and professionalism
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Strong PLC background, along with basic electrical troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic components knowledge
- Capable, willing and interested in traveling up to 70% - 80%, must have valid Driver’s License and Passport – able to travel both Domestic and International if needed.
- AAS in Mechatronics, AAS in Electronics, Industrial Technology or Electrical Technology required minimum 3-5 years’ experience in equipment maintenance and/or related field experience
- Allen Bradley/ RSLogix / RSLinx experience/knowledge required.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.ITW Description:
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.