Software Development Manager
Alpine is seeking a Software Development Manager to join our team in Ft. Lauderdale. This position is a key role within the Alpine organization and our Agile environment. In this role you will manage and lead one or more Scrum teams working on software products and features of varying size and complexity. The role is responsible for the quality of the software, from code architecture to end-user experience.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Lead one or more Scrum teams in the design, development, and testing of our software products and features, facilitate Agile process and remove impediments.
- Manages, coaches and develops team to drive change and accountability.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team, manage dependencies and facilitate collaboration across teams.
- Drive best practices of software engineering, application of Computer Science fundamentals, and alignment with Alpine’s overall software strategy.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and technical leaders to help translate business needs into technical requirements and actions.
- Ensure team members are contributing towards Alpine’s short and long-term strategic goals
- Provide metrics and regular status updates to senior leadership and project stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role for technical team members
- Complete understanding of multiple SDLC and ability to teach/mentor others on SDLC
- Knowledge and proven experience with various development methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban
- Expert with one or more RDBMS platforms or NoSQL data platforms
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Expert understanding and application of SOLID principles of software design
- Knowledgeable on modern concepts of software development and architectures (SoC, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, SOA, Mobile-first, Digital)
- Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication Skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.