Purchasing and Inventory Supervisor
The Purchasing and Inventory Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of planning, managing and maintaining replenishment for all inventoried parts using MRD (Market Rate of Demand). The role is also responsible for monitoring and adjusting variables to meet the needs of the business.
- Responsibility managing and setting goals for a four-person purchasing group
- Ensuring MRD target setting, review, and exception reporting is completed and maintained
- Ensuring the replenishment of inventory to maintain an in-stock standard while achieving planned turnover and revenue growth.
- Optimize in-stock quantities and minimize and manage Slow and Obsolete inventory
- Ensuring on time delivery and managing supplier performance matrix
- Streamlining and simplifying current ordering processes
- Managing inventory for Ramp Ups and Ramp Downs
- Reviewing and managing PPV (Purchase Price Variance) report
- Identifying and managing part expeditions
- Aligning with Production and internal customers to ensure planned production schedules can be accomplished
- Reviewing and adjusting supplier’s on hand inventory commitments
- Keeps the Manager and stakeholders updated on current projects and problems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong Inventory management and purchasing background
- Proven business acumen and anticipates business needs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Highly flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven track record in successfully leading a team
- Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and Windows-based programs especially Excel; Microsoft Dynamics Navision a plus
- Change Management
- Performance Management
- Communication Expertise
- Drives/Supports Consistent Process Execution
- Results-Driven/Bias for Action/Sense of Urgency
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but much higher when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employee must be able to be present and walk through an active construction site in various weather conditions. Be able to follow and use specific job site safety equipment and procedures. Must be able to handle various company products such as fasteners, tools, anchors and adhesives while following proper safety guidelines established by the company. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel.
*Employee referral bonus program eligible