Cost Accounting Analyst
Job Title: Cost Accounting Analyst
Division: Engine Repair
Perform costing, inventory, credit review and other accounting functions according to established procedures or as directed by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and review data to ensure the costs of production related materials, labor and inventory are accurately reflected in the ledger.
- Perform reviews of the perpetual inventory to the ledger as well as make/buy analysis for capital spend decisions.
- Prepare and enter journal entries related to freight, fixed assets, inventory, manufacturing variances and other operations-related activities.
- Responsible for monthly account analysis and reconciliation of specific ledger accounts.
- Assist with the planning, execution and reconciliation of the annual physical inventory and standard cost roll.
- Assist with insights into inventory and transaction activity, including any potential problem areas such as obsolete or slow-moving inventory, or transaction input errors.
- Backup for AP/AR functions; manage outstanding checks; assist in 1099 preparation.
- Review payables and provide a weekly check run number for Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for reviewing credit memo requests and researching aged Accounts Receivable
- Perform such other accounting, financial or administrative tasks, including special projects.
Directly report into the Division Controller with oversight by the Accounting Manager. Will work closely with AP/AR Specialist to provide backup support. Daily interaction with rest of Accounting department and Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or finance
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience with at least 2 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Must have a strong Cost systems background with excellent analytical skills and sound understanding of accounting principals
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality required
- Intermediate Excel (PivotTables/Lookups) and general PC knowledge required
- Understanding of Access and relational databases is a plus or desire/ability to learn these skills
- Experience with JD Edwards system a plus.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and maintaining a professional demeanor are necessary
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.