Manufacturing Engineering Intern (3193)
The Manufacturing and Operations Intern for ITW Residential & Remodeling will review overall equipment effectiveness at our Bartlett, Illinois and Pocahontas, Arkansas manufacturing locations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Review overall equipment effectiveness in manufacturing location and identify improvements.
- Quality and manufacturing process improvement plans, suggestions, and implementations.
- Utilize process mapping to develop Standard Operating Procedures for press operations, maintenance activities, and material handling functions.
- Create appropriate documentation to support SOPs.
- Data analysis, root-cause analysis, use of metrics.
- Process development and process mapping.
- Improved communication skills through documentation creation.
- Rising Senior pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical manufacturing working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs., sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.