Key Account Manager- CSD, Water and Juice
As a key member of the commercial team, the Key Account Manager – CSD, Water, and Juice reports to the NA Sales Manager and is responsible for all sales and business development activities to achieve revenue, margin and market share goals for CSD, Water, and Juice business at ITW Hartness. Working collaboratively across ITW Hartness, this person is charged with the development and execution of sales strategies to grow existing and develop identified strategic key accounts within the CSD, Water, and Juice markets. Additionally, the Key Account Manager will play a key role in leading all market-based deliverables required to execute customer-back innovation initiatives that capitalize on opportunities identified from customer feedback and market research.
This role is a field-based role and the individual can be located anywhere in North America within a reasonable distance from a major airport.
- Develop and execute strategies for target selling and core market expansion in the CSD, Water, and Juice markets that will drive accelerated growth goals.
- Comprehension and effective commercial communication of the Hartness value proposition and key differentiation across product lines in effort towards achievement of annual and long-range revenue goals.
- Develop and execute sales strategy for the CSD, Water, and Juice market based on in-depth understanding of the CSD, Water, and Juice sub-markets related to technology trends, customer needs & pain points, and competitive position.
- Partner with the Director of Strategic Marketing to identify market trends and growth opportunities; monitor customer, market, and competitor activities in order to identify opportunities to refine sales tactics and strategies.
- Annual evaluation of existing product line revenue, CSD, Water, and Juice growth rates and industry trends with development of a specific, metric based growth strategy based on key targeted products.
- Execution of “Hunter” based sales tactics with a high level of direct client facing sales activity required for revenue growth of targeted products to targeted customers.
- Ensure that defined process for key account management within the CSD, Water, and Juice markets is executed inclusive of sales performance metrics and accountability.
- Execution of sales strategy for specific data based, monetized value propositions across product lines.
- Partner with the Director of Strategic Marketing to develop differentiated marketing collateral tailored for the CSD, Water, and Juice industry in effort to support sales revenue goals.
- Lead commercial strategy, pricing strategy, customer presentations, negotiations (pricing, performance, t&c’s), and support proposal development related to all CSD, Water, and Juice market activity.
- Identification and communication of key competitor activity, pricing and innovation to the key stakeholders.
- Execution of identified sales department deliverables related to the customer back innovation process to ensure that required new product development initiatives are achieved in alignment with organic growth goals.
Sales Analysis & 80/20 Objectives:
- Comprehension and practical execution of the ITW tool box related to sales activity. Specific process related to sales include 80/20 quad analysis, target selling, core market expansion, innovation, differentiation and monetized value selling.
- 100% adoption of existing CRM platform for all key commercial activity inclusive of schedule management, trade show follow-up, account management, opportunity management, RFQ generation, forecasting, and lost order activity.
- Sustained timely submission of all required forecasting activity for the CSD, Water, and Juice markets.
- Execute internal sales process for quad analysis and prioritization of all key opportunities to ensure that all high volume / high margin projects are prioritized appropriately and over-served with top resources, project deliverables and differentiated presentation.
- Execution of annual 80/20 toolbox initiatives required for the CSD, Water, and Juice markets.
- Execution of bi-annual business reviews for the CSD, Water, and Juice markets with the leadership team.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- 5+ years of sales management experience with proven targeted selling, setting strategic direction and key account relationships.
- 75% travel required to ensure that required levels of client facing activity are achieved.
- Technical selling experience and analytical acumen required; experience with equipment & integrated systems.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking, sales results and market share improvement in a value based selling environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in communicating and working with a remote staff.
- Experience with CRM management related to detailed opportunity and forecasting.
- Proven ability to properly qualify a commercial opportunity and develop commercial strategy based upon internal and external dynamics.
- Timely submittal of all required technical information to facilitate efficient and accurate development of proposals.
- Strong skill set related to articulating value proposition, differentiation and key selling points.
- Proven experience in negotiating and closing multi-million dollar projects inclusive of financial due diligence, terms and conditions and purchase contracts within company guidelines.
- Excellent understanding of market dynamics and packaging trends in the CSD, Water, and Juice industry.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results within a team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and project management skill set.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.