Responsible for managing the profitability of products and sales within their markets. Implementation and evaluation of all product line sales objectives, strategies and tactics. Formulate and carry out all organizational policies and programs related to the company’s strategic growth plan.
This position involves selling the full portfolio of Leading National Brands including Rain-X, Permatex, Slime, Black Magic, Fix-a-Flat, Fast Orange, Spray Nine and more to the assigned accounts within the ITW Automotive Aftermarket Group’s Divisions: Car Care, Global Tire Repair and Engine Repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell products, determine customer needs for existing and potential products and develop the demand for products. Recommend development of new products to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with customer, brand and MARCOM to develop and execute promotional strategies to drive sales while maintaining margin thresholds.
- Daily contact with customers, sales representatives, marketing and brand teams, planning, order entry and finance along with management.
- Establish strategic account plans to create tactics which will ensure growth of key markets/customers in territory.
- Demonstrate a mastery of time and territory management skills, have a thorough understanding in the use of Monthly Report and proficient at the creation and execution of his/her strategic account plans.
- Assist in new salesperson recruiting and selection process when necessary.
- Recommend an annual expense plan and operates within an approved expense budget.
- Handle high impact and complex projects as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A 4-year degree in business, marketing or similar area.
- Experience in automotive, Dollar Channel, Convenience Store Channel, CPG and/or manufacturing is a plus.
- Significant experience analyzing multiple data points to make solid recommendations to improve business results.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office Suite
- Must have a demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and create win-win solutions.
- History of building and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, including but not limited to public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to react quickly to solve problems along with the ability to learn from mistakes or missteps.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and team environment is essential.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 50% travel time.
- Strategic Planning
- Drive for results
- Strong embrace & use of ITW Toolbox
- Influence and leadership
- Negotiation skills
- Business Perspective
- Leading change
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.