Provide leadership, guidance and direction to individuals at assigned location. Responsible for employee safety and development, manufacturing of value-added products, application and audit of quality and preventative maintenance procedures, meeting productivity and efficiency requirements through optimized equipment capacity and increased capability of assigned team members. This position is also responsible for raw material for the facility, scheduling of the production for all shifts as well as the tooling program.
ITW CCNA offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Promote, lead, and direct assigned team with a particular focus on safety – employee awareness and participation, operating procedures, training, and fulfillment of OSHA and company compliance requirements.
- Operate the manufacturing, assembly and shipping/receiving functions in an empowered and self-directed team environment that embraces change and encourages open and creative thought.
- Collaborate with other functional areas (engineering, supply chain, customer service, etc) to deliver against customer requirements of cost, quality and delivery.
- Produce to market rate of demand (MRD) quality products. Manage capacity requirements and efficiencies with an emphasis on improving methods, processes and quality while reducing costs.
- Identify opportunities and initiate action to improve process and product methods that safely improve our manufacturing quality, delivery, productivity, and product performance to best meet customer needs in support of the objectives for the facility.
- Implements improvements by prioritizing and assigning tasks, resources and accountabilities to ensure objectives are met within the required time and budget.
- Maintain monthly and annual financial goals through meeting cost targets (i.e. staffing, product quality, delivery, and productivity).
- Investigate, propose, and implement long and short term operating, safety, quality, and cost improvements.
- Enhance team member performance in operational critical areas, i.e., expectation setting, safety, cost reductions, production scheduling, and attendance.
- Identify, lead and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This may include selecting and on-boarding talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment; and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- SAFETY AWARENESS – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL TEAM – Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- DRIVING FOR RESULTS – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- MANAGING WORK (INCLUDES TIME MANAGEMENT) – Effectively managing one’s time and resource to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field; Five to ten years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 2 years managerial experience.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in facilitating or supervising in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in OSHA and quality systems such as 6 Sigma.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with project management skills
- Leadership experience in an empowered work team environment.
- Disciplined self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with tooling programs.
- Experience managing production control and procurement of operating supplies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical office working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but much higher when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Position requires up to 10% travel and may involve overnight stay.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.