Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Intern (3155)
Through this role, the individual will have the opportunity to participate in and lead projects in the Charlotte, NC manufacturing facility. Specifically focusing on the improvement of manufacturing processes, safety initiatives, and overall product quality.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world - in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. You are never, whether you know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution. In the words of a Mal Pancoast quote, at ITW, "You get paid to impact the world."
- Create/update metrics for production efficiencies on 80 product lines.
- Updating safety documentation/processes
- Improvements to facility and/or processes to create a safer work environment
- Production start-up and efficient operation – (In-lining and metrics – data driven decisions)
- OHSA requirements and best practices for safe working environments
- Technical writing and documentation
- Preferred Degree: Mechanical/Industrial Engineering but open to other engineering degrees
- Rising Senior
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Ability to work with wide variety of people and educational backgrounds
- CAD software experience a plus
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.