ITW Commercial Construction North America is seeking a Project Engineer to plan, direct, and coordinate the research, design, development, and implementation of new concrete flatwork products and enhancements of existing concrete flatwork products / processes in collaboration with Marketing, Sales Engineering, Manufacturing and other internal and external innovation teams to commercialize consumer noticeable product differentiation.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative flatwork and fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer-centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Design and development of new and innovative concrete joint stabilization and protection products utilizing a combination of analytical tools, evaluation and testing methods, and engineering practices to achieve project objectives (product performance, manufacturability, cost, quality, timing).
- Design and develop appropriate test fixtures that meet standards requirements and physical demands of the testing. Generate laboratory test results according to procedures outlined in applicable testing standards and criteria
- Uses the New Product Development process to plan and implement project schedules, and action plans to meet product and process development timelines. Ensure best practice approaches for project management are used and ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop processes and tooling necessary to manufacture new products.
- Create 2D drawings/3D models using Solidworks.
- Apply engineering expertise to write technical documents, such as design standards and operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BS ME) - Masters/PHD preferred
- 5-10 years construction industry or relevant experience
- Knowledge of Metallurgy and strength of materials
- Experience with manufacturing processes (cold heading, forging, rolling, stamping, heat treat, plating, etc) used with various grades of carbon and stainless steels
- Experience working with SolidWorks
- Working knowledge of MS Office software
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability at all levels.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills with internal / external stakeholders
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most time will be spent in an office environment, engineering laboratory, and on construction sites. Occasionally the employee may be required to spend time in manufacturing sites. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas and construction sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.