Assembly Team Leader
ITW Construction provides a variety of fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation segments. With products manufactured at locations around the globe serving markets in North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
The Global Tool Unit (GTU) is a part of ITW’s Construction Segment. The GTU innovates, develops, and manufactures best-in-class Power Fastening Systems for the global construction market. Our highly differentiated tools are specified to be used in a variety of applications including wood framing, wood trim, and steel to concrete installations.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
GTU is seeking Assembly Team Leader for its Libertyville IL location, who will participate in and lead activities of a team of assembly line to meet targets for production schedules, housekeeping and quality. The Team Leader observes all the activities to ensure that these activities are conducted in a safe manner. The Team Leader is expected to act quickly to correct operating conditions outside of standard and report all situations that are out of control to the Production Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Make daily scheduling adjustments to achieve weekly orders for tools produced by respective team.
- Capture and react to timely line repairs/error data on the lines. Involve Supervisors for any trends that are occurring.
- Monitor team actual to pace, actual to daily plan and daily attendance. Notify Supervisors of any issues.
- Watch for levels of inventory for respective team tool production requirements Report to Production Supervisors of any gaps in supply.
- Develop training schedules, conduct training to new hires, track progress and provide information to Production Supervisors.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Verify that all team members are using proper PPE and following all safety procedures. Lead teams exercises. Participate in safety incident investigations.
- Takes action to ensure all the requirements for running a tool are achieved-paperwork, labels, proper parts, fixtures, etc.
- Participate in related team and/or task group meetings to ensure the continuous improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve their individual and work area contributions to achieve desired business results.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3+ year of related assembly experience
- Candidate must demonstrate informal leadership skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Good communication skills with team members, production supervisors and other co-workers
- The ability to work within established health, safety and quality guidelines and the ability to organize the workload and meet deadlines
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical office working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but much higher when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Position requires Some travel and may involve overnight stay.