Assembly Team Lead
In the manufacturing equipment build industry, the quality and efficiency of the production environment plays a key role in the success of the organization. ITW Hartness is looking for a hands-on leader to motivate the production staff each and every day. The team leader will work alongside and oversees team members to ensure production meets organizational goals.
This position is located at the ITW Hartness HQ facility in Greenville, SC.
- Promote a safe environment, hold employees accountable for safety violations and continuously look for and implement safer working practices on the shop floor
- Work alongside the team ensuring all standard operating procedures are followed
- Motivate and inspire team members to meet or exceed KPI’s
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) - behavior consistent with word
- Work with management and quality to aid the group in resolving production and quality issues
- Assure that the team members have the necessary experience and training to effectively participate on the team
- Encourage creativity, lead workshop’s and drive constant improvement using the 80/20 toolbox
- Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments for exceptional performance
- Assist with Toolbox meetings
- Initiate sub-groups or sub-teams as appropriate to resolve issues and perform tasks in parallel
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements, cost and schedule
- Work alongside and help keep the team focused and on track
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the program plan or schedule
- Keep the project manager and production manager informed of task accomplishment, issues and status
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team
- Provide guidance to the team based on management direction
- Ensure that direct employees are clocked onto jobs and reporting direct labor time
- 80% of time tracked to direct labor
- Mechanical/Electrical experience
- The ability to effectively communicate with others
- Demonstrated team player
- Operation knowledge of AS400/MS Office
- Knowledge of a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to work with a team on projects
- Self Motivated
- Basic computer skills.
- Capable of lifting 35lbs.
- The ability to stand or walk for an entire shift
- On time delivery
- No Charge warranties
- Develop talent
- Toolbox savings
- Direct hours reporting
- High School Diploma or demonstrated experience in required areas
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.