Position Title: Quality Engineer Level 1Location:Hendersonville, TN
Classification: Exempt (D-2)Reports to:Quality Manager
Date: January 2020
ITW Dynatec, a division of Illinois Tool Works, designs and manufactures a full range of industrial adhesive applications for the disposable hygiene products, automotive, and packaging industries worldwide. ITW Dynatec’s systems are used globally in the manufacturing of diapers and a wide range of other consumer and industrial products. The company’s state-of-the-art technology is backed by a worldwide network of industry-leading customer service and support. Our vision is to put hot melt adhesive exactly where our customers want it each time, every time, better than anyone else in the world.
The position will report to the Quality Manager and is responsible for meeting the expectations of ITW and its customers regarding Delivery and Quality of all products purchased through the supply base. Interface and act on Dynatec’s behalf to improve overall quality through investigation, analysis and correction of internal process, product and supplier deficiencies. Activities pursued will consistently target strategic goals and objectives in areas of: safety, warranty, first time quality, sourcing, cost, efficiency and continual improvement.
- Drive a culture of Safety, Wellness and ITW’s Core Values through demonstration with day-to-day activities
- Utilize 80/20 in delivering all aspects of the role
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within supplier base by aiding in the identification and communication of process, product and supply chain issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain critical supplier related databases
- Improve key supplier KPI’s (DPPM, Warranty and Scrap as a % of Sales, Ontime Delivery and Delivery Accuracy) by initiating problem solving and root cause analysis activities to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
- Participate as a key member in annual strategic improvement projects
- Conduct internal and supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
- Support change management efforts through proactive communication and evaluation of changes
- Has authority to stop production process if safety or quality concerns are noted
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate ability to influence peers and other stakeholders through strong communication and interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others to excel
- Strong decision-making skills in a high pressured environment
- Associates Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related field with minimum of 1 year relevant experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of 3 – 5 years‘ relevant experience
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Familiarity of Total Quality Management, FMEA & Control Plans
- Understanding of dimensional layouts, blueprints and electronic controls
- Travel Requirement – domestic travel < 5%
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.