Senior Product Manager (3192)
The ITW Renovation & Remodeling division is seeking a Senior Product Manager to profitably grow responsible product groups by developing, implementing and driving marketing/business strategies and tactical action plans. Growth will be achieved through effective portfolio management, new product introductions, core product enhancements, and promotional programs. The Senior Product Manager will drive these strategies in partnership with the Marketing Manager, by providing direct management of a Product Manager, and by influencing cross-functional groups such as Marketing, Sales, Finance, Engineering, and Supply Chain.
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Lead direct report(s) tasked with the development and execution of the annual integrated marketing plan for assigned product portfolio including product, pricing and promotions.
- Assist Marketing Manager to drive annual planning and long-range planning process for assigned product categories based on annual situation assessment and present compelling strategies and recommendations to the divisional leadership team.
- Through field visits, collect and synthesize customer/channel knowledge and competitive intelligence and leverage insights to become subject matter expert and develop and execute research campaigns to identify unmet end user needs and market opportunities. Use insight to fuel the new product development funnel with ideas and evaluate opportunities of expansion to adjacent markets/categories.
- Work with sales team to capitalize on channel initiatives such as line reviews and other opportunities for profitable growth within the channel
- Develop and manage pricing strategies (line logic) for assigned product category and manage pricing through the lifecycle of the product to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Champion the Customer Back Innovation projects for assigned products and lead a cross functional team (marketing, engineering, sourcing and operations) to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Closely work with sales and supply chain to monitor market and channel dynamics and help develop accurate forecasts to support demand fluctuations (up and down).
- Work closely with the sales team on supporting their efforts to drive sales of your assigned categories by ensuring they have the appropriate product training/knowledge; together, visit end users and channel partners and understand their needs and help promote sales and develop strong relationships.
- Manage the financial performance of assigned product categories to exceed assigned targets by utilizing ITW tool box philosophies and other key performance indicators.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, marketing, or comparable discipline; MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of marketing experience preferred; new product development experience, from inception to product introduction and full product lifecycle management preferred
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Experience with durable goods is preferred
- Financial acumen to analyze financial results and new market opportunities is preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Power Point are required.
- The ability to travel approximately 20-35% is required.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to drive change.
- Excellent team/project management, communications, and presentation skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but much higher when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.