Sourcing Manager, Metals & Packaging
The Sourcing Manager, Metals & Packaging is responsible for the development of the Machining, Stamping & Packaging categories as well as supplier management strategies in order to position the Global Tool Unit (GTU) to achieve meaningful long term material cost reduction and improve supply chain risk management.
The role is a combination of 50% strategy and 50% implementation activities and will impact $15 Million in annualized global Machining and Stamping spend in addition to $3m of packaging spend. You will be the face of the GTU to the supplier base and this role will report to the Global Sourcing Director.
ITW Construction provides a variety of fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation segments. With products manufactured at locations around the globe serving markets in North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
The Global Tool Unit (GTU) is a part of ITW’s Construction Segment. The GTU innovates, develops, and manufactures best-in-class Power Fastening Systems for the global construction market. Our highly differentiated tools are specified to be used in a variety of applications including wood framing, wood trim, and steel to concrete installations.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Develop and execute the Global strategies with focus on risk management of 80 parts and aligned across all GTU locations and ITW Enterprise.
- Driving cost out of current spend through market benchmarking of parts, new suppliers and developing cost out opportunities through Value Engineering.
- Keep updated on market indexes and trends, analyze supplier cost structure and competitive market analysis to minimize cost impact and mitigate risk.
- Develop and execute robust supplier management program including managing contracts, performance, defining saving goals, risk management, driving efficiency and building positive relationships.
- Communication and ensuring high quality expectations at suppliers, managing supplier quality and assisting in supplier audits.
- Working closely with New Product Development (NPD) project teams and the Sourcing Innovation Manager with bringing new tool development to the market. Ensuring NPD decisions are in line with Category Strategy and there is strong alignment between NPD and the preferred supplier base.
- As category owner, act as escalation point for issues with the suppliers including operational performance and quality as well as NPD escalations.
- Communicate and collaborate with Supply Chain, Operations, Purchasing, Finance and Engineering stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years related experience. Metals supply chain experience in a manufacturing or product development environment preferred
- Proven ability in creating, leading and driving cross functional teams/projects
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Sound knowledge of demand management and replenishment principles and tools and the ability to execute such principles.
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Ability to analyze product costs and understand underlying cost drivers
- Communicate Effectively: verbally, non-verbally, written communication, ability to listen, and “read between the lines”
- Domestic/Offshore travel as needed or required up to 30%
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.