As a key member of the leadership team, the IT Manager reports to the Division Controller and partners with Executive Leadership and their teams to implement strategic initiatives by developing, implementing, and supporting IT tools across the Division. The IT Manager is responsible for developing talent as well as driving continuous improvement and simplification activities throughout the IT organization in support of stakeholders. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ERP support and requirements, policy compliance, security systems and assessments, asset and vendor management, budgetary and strategic planning, and end user support management.
The position will be based at the ITW Hartness headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Provides expert functional guidance, direction and leadership in the Division’s selection and use of technologies by evaluating, planning and implementing an overall Division IT strategy that aligns with business goals to drive revenue growth and business value.
- Provide leadership and direction through the assessment of the current systems and processes, as well as the implementation of any determined changes.
- Track and deliver KPIs identified as critical to the success of the IT strategy.
- Ensures proper functioning and security of the information processing system and oversees necessary upgrades.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures, coordinates with management on Business Continuity expectations.
- Coordinates scheduling of recurring maintenance plans with business and production managers to minimize production impact; manages recurring maintenance programs on software and hardware, allocates budget accordingly.
- Prepares for internal/external licensing audits.
Project, Vendor and Budget Management
- Responsible for IT budget planning, forecasting, and overall effective project management.
- Manage a diverse set of vendors for IT related products and services.
- Provide leadership for ERP implementation project to replace current systems.
- Performs cost analysis and due diligence on potential IT projects including quoting and vendor research and determination of business justification and ROI.
- Establish the right metrics, KPIs and observations to proactively identify trends, anticipate problems, perform root cause analyses, and work across IT to implement preventative measures to ensure a best in class level of support and service.
- Champion standardization and continuously analyze processes and identify actions to eliminate complexity and improve profitability of the Division.
Leadership and Talent Development:
- Develop and lead a team of professionals focused on IT support and simplifying business processes.
- Build cross-department credibility, confidence, and collaboration with other functional areas by understanding constituent needs and translating those into IT related processes/outputs.
- Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This includes but is not limited to selecting and on-boarding talent, creating a culture of engagement, creating alignment, coaching through feedback, development planning, and performance management.
- Champion change management throughout the organization.
- BS/BA degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years of demonstrated IT experience, with a minimum of 5+ years leading and developing a team
- Experience in a lead ERP implementation role
- Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management
- High degree of technical aptitude over IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Effective talent management and development of others
- Demonstrated competence in continuous improvement and simplification
- Strong business acumen and analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to shift priorities and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Flexible self-starter that adapts well to change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of CRM and post-sales service solutions