Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase efficiency and decrease costs.
- Plans and designs manufacturing processes and equipment in the manufacturing plant.
- Resolves technical problems and recommends improvements of production methods and determines manufacturing capacity.
- Use AutoCAD software for electrical schematic development and electrical panel design
- Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining electrical control systems for manufacturing equipment while applying NEC codes
- Develop and maintain HMI and PLC programs using a variety of Allen Bradley software programs
- Develop and maintain vision programs using a variety of Cognex software programs
- Develop and implement manufacturing and facility capital projects
- Manage and troubleshoot power distribution systems including facility transformers and switchgear
- Work with maintenance to improve the reliability and safety of manufacturing equipment
- May lead smaller ITW Toolbox projects including In-Lining, MRD, PLS, and 80/20 evaluations.
- May assign work to drafters and technicians, technical writers, engineering technicians, and maintenance shop personnel as required.
- Troubleshoot and support manufacturing equipment issues.
- Promotes and follows all safety guidelines and procedures. Recommends safety improvements as needed.
- Performs various projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field is required; Electrical Engineering preferred
- 3-5 years previous engineering experience; preferable within a manufacturing environment
- Electrical engineering experience working with PLC and HMI programming and troubleshooting in an industrial environment preferred
- AC and Servo drive system experience
- Vision system programming and integration
- Instrumentation including loop tuning experience
- Power distribution and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills needed to interrelate to all levels of production and management personnel
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.