Alpine is seeking a Software Developer to join our Texas office. In this role, you'll join an Agile Scrum team responsible for building and working on applications within Alpine’s suite of software products. The Software Developer will participate in all areas of development including design, coding and testing in collaboration with the team.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Work with an Agile Scrum team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based applications.
- Aid in gathering and documenting requirements in the form of Agile Epics, User Stories, and tasks.
- Prepare software documentation including technical diagrams and manuals on the design, use, and operation of the software
- Develop automated unit tests for applications according to company standards.
- Analyze and provide solutions to technical and application problems.
- Participate in peer review sessions of solutions and related code.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 2+ years’ experience as Software Developer
- Understanding of one or more Development Methodologies and Frameworks such as Agile and Scrum
- Proficiency with one or more RDBMS or NoSQL data platforms
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Understanding and application of SOLID principles of software design
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Able to analyze and generate solutions to basic problems and some complex problems;
Make recommendations and outline pro/cons
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.