Alpine, an ITW company, currently has an opening for a Janitor/Machine Operator (first shift 6 am - 2:30 pm) in its Litchfield, IL facility. This position will perform janitorial duties and operate production machinery. This includes performing basic machine equipment operation to produce parts within conformance with customer specification. As well as, perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, maintaining coolant and oil pans, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
Alpine is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability. Alpine is a division of ITW,
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Operates a single hinge punch press and other production equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to check parts produced according to specifications and identify parts that are out of tolerance.
- Assist with palletizing and box making activities as assigned.
- Maintain all coolant pans on a schedule, clean thoroughly and fill with coolant and record in the log book.
- Punch and die sharpening of tools.
- Sweeps and scrubs plant and warehouse floors using Tennant tools and equipment.
- Power wash certain areas as directed.
- Keep battery changing stations clean and batteries full of water.
- Blow out and clean Production & Shipping transfer cars, tracks, flow racks and pallet transfer conveyor lines and specific production equipment (tray formers, box erectors, shrink film machines, & carton closers.
- Gathers and empties scrap, trash and recyclables in all assigned areas within the facility.
- Removes snow and applies salt on sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas.
- Cleans plant floors, facility exterior, bathrooms and etc. using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Inspect and clean all eyewash stations, water coolers and sinks per defined schedule.
- Notifies management personnel concerning need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Previous basic machine operation experience
- Minimum 2+ years previous janitorial experience
- High School diploma/GED required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Physical capacity to lift and move 50 pounds
- Ability to drive a forklift
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.