Sustainability Intern - Summer 2020
ITW (NYSE:ITW) is a Fortune 250 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Hi-Cone, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beer, soft drink and general products industries. We are advocates of packaging alternatives that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns.
The Sustainability Intern for ITW Hi-Cone reports to our Sustainability Director and will be responsible for sustainability / environmental tasks and projects as assigned. This internship is designed to provide hands-on experience in a wide variety of analytical real-world projects focused around sustainability. This intern will be instrumental in supporting the sustainability team’s purpose which is to reimagine beverage multi-packaging by developing a solution with new materials that are industry-leading, 100% recyclable, in a closed-loop beverage packaging solution.
- Support the development of viable business options, supported by a business case that addresses the “sustainability” of packaging solutions
- Assist in the evaluation of alternative materials and product design concepts
- Aid in the collection of voice of customer survey data to understand their business and sustainability requirements – analyze the data and prepare reports / recommendations around navigating sustainability / recycling infrastructures to deliver value to customers
- ITW’s customer back innovation process – the foundation of innovation at ITW
- Data collection, data analysis and data reporting
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Sustainability, Packaging, Engineering, Operations, or related, having completed at least junior year and maintained a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- An interest in sustainability / environmental issues, specifically around plastic and / or material science
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and a commitment to timely completion of assignments
- Effective communicator, capable of independent as well as team collaboration
- Self-motivated team member with proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.