Senior Software Developer
Alpine is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Ft. Lauderdale office. In this role, you'll join an Agile Scrum team responsible for building and working on applications within Alpine’s suite of software products. The Senior Software Developer will participate in all areas of development including design, coding and testing in collaboration with the team.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Work with an Agile Scrum team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based applications
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Software Development Managers to help translate business needs into technical requirements and actions.
- Mentor and encourage the use of best practices, application of Computer Science fundamentals and facilitate collaboration within the team
- Prepare software documentation including technical diagrams and manuals on the design, use and operation of the software
- Develop automated unit tests for applications according to company standards
- Analyze and provide solutions to complex technical problems and projects
- Participate in peer review sessions of solutions and related code, ensure software quality throughout the complete SDLC.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 6+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Knowledge and proven experience with various Development Methodologies and Frameworks such as Agile and Scrum
- Complete understanding of multiple SDLC and ability to mentor others on SDLC
- Expert in one or more RDBMS or NoSQL data platforms
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Expert knowledge and application of SOLID design principles
- Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills, ability to work on complex development tasks and large modules/features
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills; ability to generate and deliver presentations
- Ability to work in teams and independently, able to coach new or less experienced developers in day to day operations as well as technical knowledge
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.