JOB DESCRIPTIONDivision: ITW Global Tool Unit
Job Title: Quality Coordinator
Job Location: Libertyville, IL
Job Grade: Non-exempt
Utilize inspection and quality-related processes and tools to ensure the quality of the assembled products and associated components. Run the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programs and other inspection equipment to verify part conformity. Track, analyze and report on materials, processes and products to ensure that they meet the company's quality standards.
• Coordinate Quality’s role in the Supplied Part Approval Process:
o Provide quality-related input during Print Reviews
o Perform First Article Inspections
o Create and maintain Methods of Inspection documentation
o Approve supplier QA Plans, Gage R&Rs (repeatability & reproducibility), Capability Studies
o Maintain approval records and communicate results
• Lead the resolution of issues relating to first article and pilot parts not meeting specifications.
• Work with the Assembly and Engineering teams to diagnose and resolve issues with products, fixtures, and components using inspection skills to verify dimensional conformance to the print and root cause analysis.
• Work with Sourcing and Suppliers to resolve component issues, coordinate the prompt disposition and processing of nonconforming parts.
• Consistently maintain MRB items and debit memos with reconciliation.
• Support the Quality Management System by maintaining all quality-related records and following the procedures necessary to maintain ISO certification.
• Inspect and test parts, assemblies and products using CMM and other metrology equipment.
• Design fixtures and methods of stabilizing parts for CMM inspections.
• Create Methods of Inspection documentation for parts and assemblies.
• Participate in process audits quality planning and continuous improvement activities.
• Observe all safety policies and procedures and participate in the safety program.
• Actively seek opportunities to apply ITW Principles of 80/20, PLS, In-Lining, and USa to simplify processes and improve quality.
• Quality Orientation: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time for trends and opportunities.
• Technical/Professional Knowledge: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Safety Awareness: Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
• Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Associate degree required
• 5 years minimum work experience in a QA/QC capacity
• Good oral and written communication ability
• Good scientific troubleshooting techniques
• Strong organizational skills
• Proactive and systematic approach to problem resolution
• Strong computer background, MS applications
• Experience with CMM and PC-DMIS software, or the aptitude and desire to be immediately trained
• CMM programming preferred, but not required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision while performing the duties of this job; the employee is frequently required to stand and walk.