Product Manager (3328)
Manage and grow responsible product groups by developing, implementing and driving marketing/business strategies and tactical action plans. Act as the voice of customer using end user market research insights and macro market trends to effectively manage the product portfolio and drive new product commercialization. Responsibilities include market and product planning, new product development, financial analysis, market research, and marketing communications.
ITW CCNA offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Collect and synthesize customer insights and competitive intelligence through market research, and channel knowledge to identify key needs of targeted en-user segments.
- Use data driven information to create product roadmaps and value propostions that capitalize on key market opportunities.
- Drive the New Product Development process for new product lines including evaluation / advocacy of opportunities and primary driver of stage gate process through commercialization.
- Launch and commercialize new products, including forecasts, positioning, messaging, marketing collateral, sales materials, and training programs
- Develop and implement thorough price strategies and promotions to grow the business.
- Evaluate and report on product performance – sales volume, sell-through, margins, and market share
- Manage the product life cycle
- Collaborate cross-functionally to implement process improvements / cost reduction efforts to reduce time to market and improve profitability.
- Manage the financial performance of assigned product categories by utilizing ITW toolbox philosophies and other key performance indicators.
- Contribute to long range and annual planning
- Business Acumen - Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand, analyze, and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Driving for Results - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving Execution - Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Building Strategic Work Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a comparable discipline; an MBA is a plus
- At least 3-5 years of progressive marketing experience, including a minimum of 3 years in a brand or product management role
- Knowledge/experience with marketing principles and critical thinking growing businesses
- Financial acumen to analyze financial results and new market opportunities
- Experience managing industrial manufactured products, pricing, new product development and promotion is preferred
- Strong team/project management, communication, and presentation skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a construction environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but may be much higher when exposed to construction areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in construction areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Employee must be able to be present and walk through an active construction site in various weather conditions. Be able to follow and use specific job site safety equipment and procedures. Must be able to handle various company products such as fasteners, tools, anchors and adhesives while following proper safety guidelines established by the company. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly