Automation Technician - 3rd Shift
Looking to develop your career in the booming world of automation? Who better to grow your career with than a Global, Fortune 200 Manufacturer like ITW?
So who is ITW?
ITW was founded in 1912 and its products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Here in Hebron, IL we are committed to being a world leader in insert molded filters, mechatronics components and reservoirs. Our automation team can help kick start your career or take your career to the next level with training and development.
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k employer matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) at no cost after one year and so much more!
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
Position Summary: The Automation Tech is responsible for initial set up of automation cells and auxiliary automation for injection molding presses. Ensure maximum efficiencies are achieved producing quality product to customer specification. Follow all business and safety guidelines. Assist as need in other areas of manufacturing, such as clean and prep molds.
Hours: Monday - Friday 11:00pm-7:00am
Shift Differential and Overtime Eligible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup automation for presses or assembly machines, wiring and interfacing.
- Setup and debug new automation as needed. Make samples for new items/customers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair various assembly, automation and mold equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and fill out relevant paperwork. Cross train with molding technicians for mold machine maintenance.
- Replace worn equipment. Design and fabricate small fixtures for equipment.
- Look for methods of improving efficiency and ensure quality standards, as an individual and part of a team.
- Support production with an on-call status, authorized for a rotating scheduled overtime on weekends.
- Mechanical aptitude
- 3-5 years of experience in mechanics/robotics setting and background in electrical, cameras, or automation building preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Products.
- Possess dexterity and flexibility to allow for work around various machines that require crawling, kneeling, reaching, bending and standing. Must be able to stand for a full shift (8 hours).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds sporadically.
ITW is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.