Senior Research Analyst, Polymers Chemistry
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. In addition, we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is comprised of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 company that employs nearly 48,000 people, and is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, USA with operations in 55 countries.
The ITW Innovation Center is looking for a creative, highly motivated individual to research material/chemical technologies that are of strategic importance to ITW. The position will require the combination of secondary research review and distillation, technology/problem analysis, experimentation, and project reporting to senior management. The successful candidate will utilize independent judgment within general parameters to determine and apply appropriate methods.
- Subject matter expert in polymer Chemistry domains
- Support ITW divisions with targeted investigations around biodegradable material solutions and emerging research
- Experience with materials common to automotive, construction, food equipment, polymers and fluids, and welding industries
- Action oriented individual able to apply systematic processes and sound judgment to complete technology research studies of significant ITW business impact
- Experience with systematic approaches to design of experiments intended to isolate the variables of interest in a complex system.
- Ability to evaluate technologies in their subject area
- Ability to articulate to a broad range of constituents via written and verbal communication
- M.S. polymer chemistry required
- Minimum 5 years industry related experience in polymer chemistry
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAITS:
- Broad technical knowledge of key areas within scientific discipline
- Knowledgeable of new and emerging research/technology in their subject area
- Proven track record of technical leadership in subject area
- Experience as a technical leader in a technology based corporation preferred
- Intellectually curious and has a driving interest in new technology
- Polymer chemistry
- Technical Acumen
- Analytical Skills
- Decision Making
- Creative Thinking/Innovation
- Consulting/consultative Approach
- Reduces Complexity
- Analytical laboratory management and testing
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.