ITW (NYSE:ITW) is a Fortune 250 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Hi-Cone, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beer, soft drink and general products industries. We are advocates of packaging alternatives that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns.
The Accounting Intern for ITW Hi-Cone reports to the US Accounting Manager and will be responsible for Accounting tasks and projects as assigned. This internship is designed to give the student hands-on exposure to a wide variety of analytical and specialized Accounting responsibilities including: Accounts Receivable, Cash Posting, Accounts Payable, and Financial Reporting.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reporting.
- Maintaining records, systems, customer accounts, and generating reports for accounting.
- Support of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Audit as needed.
- Work on projects as assigned.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Inventory Management.
- Data analysis, root-cause analysis, use of metrics.
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Coursework and/or understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, budgeting, balance sheets, cost control principles, and federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.