Machine Equipment Operator - 2nd Shift (2956)
ITW Commercial Construction, NA is seeking a Machine Equipment Operator (2nd shift) to complete basic setup, operation, and pin forming equipment such as knurlers and wafios.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer-centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Performs setup and operates a variety of in-lined equipment to cold head, point and thread-roll fasteners for commercial construction applications
- Maintains machinery through preventive maintenance
- Performs quality checks in adherence to specifications sheets; will also be responsible for documentation
- Drives safety practices and procedures including identifying safety hazards
- Ensures all housekeeping practices and procedures are met
- Performs 5-S activities and improvements as required
- Works with other team members and participates in team events and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least one year of experience in high-volume manufacturing highly preferred (e.g. equipment setup/operation/changeover, use of measurement tools and knowledge of preventive maintenance)
- Willing to work 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM with some mandatory overtime including weekends
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand basic machinery
- Prior experience with hand tools (e.g. wrenches)
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolution
- Ability to read blueprints / specification sheets and follow instructions
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Successfully complete on-the-job training (blueprint reading and measurement tools)
- General housekeeping duties
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.