Alpine is looking for a Sourcing Manager for our Grand Prairie, TX office who will implement supply chain strategies, tactics and action plans to ensures the Alpine equipment supplier base performs in a reliable, cost effective manner and meet all new product development, quality and customer delivery requirements.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- In conjunction with enterprise resources, product development and business leadership, implements strategic sourcing strategy, tactics and actions to optimize supplier capability, quality, cost, quality and on-time-delivery performance while minimizing overall supply chain risk.
- Drives improvement in sourcing, supplier development and execution of critical purchasing, supplier and inventory management processes. Monitor, and review Key Performance Indicators and identify/address supplier performance issues.
- Actively participate in various cross-functional projects such as strategic sourcing, cost reduction, concurrent engineering, new product ramp, PLS and inventory performance efforts including application of alternate materials and manufacturing processes etc.
- Source raw materials, components and finished goods by negotiating, developing and executing global and domestic supplier contracts, finalizing purchase agreements and issuing purchase orders and blanket orders across approved supplier base. Qualify alternative materials and develop new products with suppliers
- Plan and issue purchase orders to meet specified inventory targets using MRP or MRD techniques. Maintain and update various ERP system/supply chain parameters such as safety stock, order policy codes, lead times, minimum order quantities, time fences, routings, work center assignments etc. in order to enhance system integrity
- Research and recommend new suppliers to address cost/quality issues and develop supplier base to meet future business needs completing timely supplier quality assessments.
- Facilities disposition of material quality, documentation or receiving/invoicing discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations management or Mechanical/Industrial engineering helpful.
- CPM or CPIM preferred.
- 5-8 years minimum overall supply chain, 3 years in electro-mechanical manufacturing/engineering environment preferred
- 2 years of management experience required
- Strong working knowledge of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) principles and tools.
- Knowledge of Market Rate of Demand (MRD).
- Possesses strong business problem-solving abilities coupled with innate internal and external customer orientation.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal skills with proven experience in managing supplier relationships in large complex organizations coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.