Program Manager - Application Development and O&M
ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated, driven, and technically knowledgeable Program Manager to join our team. The Program Manager will be responsible software application development and/ or O&M contracts, including building and leading development teams, working with analysts, developers, and other project roles to deliver successfully on projects. Project Management tasks will include but are not limited to following management best practices, project planning, understanding customer needs, conducting business analysis, monitoring development/ execution, conducting work-product acceptance, facilitating user acceptance, reporting, and quality assurance of project process flow. In addition, the Program Manager will manage all aspects of project financials for all projects assigned to his or her portfolio.
The Program Manager is expected to work independently, employ effective time management skills to organize and handle multiple highly visible priorities, projects, and products simultaneously. Additional tasks will include advising and instructing project teams on process improvements to promote efficient project delivery and adherence to processes and standards (e.g. PMI and Agile frameworks).
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
This opening is for a full-time salaried position located in the ITCON Services headquarters in Southwest DC, steps away from L’Enfant Plaza metro station. Candidate will be dividing time between the client site and ITCON office. Applicant must be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States and clearable for Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related field preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- 15+ years in the Information Technology industry
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing IT projects
- Ability to analyze and translate functional business requirements from stakeholders into detailed tasks for Design and Development teams
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong testing skills
- Strong written and oral and communication skills, including presentation skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to communicate and present complex technical concepts and analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert level understanding of SDLC and best practices
- Agile practitioner
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Broad knowledge of key Web technologies and Content Management Systems
- Self-motivated and thrives in a team environment
- Able to multithread and move multiple projects forward
- Experience with Federal Government Customers
- Agile certification/ Product Owner certification
- Recruiting experience and strong coaching skills
- Hands-on experience managing IT project budgets and resources and reporting on financials
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Managed a portfolio of projects
- Developed Project Managers from within the team
- PMO support experience
- CMMI, ISO experience