Java Software Engineer III
ITCON Services is looking for a bright, motivated Java Software Engineer III to join our team. The position will be a 100% hands-on role and will support both company and project team endeavors. Java developer will be responsible for running and maintaining OES production sub-systems including OES Sampling, OES Pre-Estimation, OES Estimation, OES FLC and OES Wage Parameter sub-systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a diverse environment and be able to multitask many work streams at once. This associate will mentor junior staff and have be able to take 100% ownership of tasks assigned. The Technical Lead must be eligible to hold a Government Security Clearance.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
This opening is for a full-time salaried position located in the ITCON Services headquarters in Southwest DC, steps away from L’Enfant Plaza metro station.Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma plus 15 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree plus 9 years of experience
- At least 7 years of experience analyzing requirements from users and producing system specifications developing analysis models using Unified Modeling Language (UML) or other data modeling standards
- At least 1 year of experience with user story development or analysis in an agile development environment
- At least 9 years of experience with task specified programming languages (e.g., Java, C++, C#, SAS, etc.)
- At least 7 years coding experience with SQL or database stored procedures
- At least 6 years of experience in the design and development of applications
- At least 6 years of experience in data warehousing, distributed processing, logical and physical database design, software integration, and implementation of security techniques
- At least 6 years of experience in module or unit testing including executing and documenting the testing
- At least 6 years of experience in the evaluation or comparison of various technologies (e.g. client/server, multi-tiered architectures, database architectures, and structures, etc.) and their appropriateness for a wide variety of business requirements
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of current network, development and database architectures and technologies.
- Experience with Internet/Intranet protocols and web server technologies, if required.
- Experience developing systems architectures, if required.
- Experience as a technical leader of software engineering or computer professionals, as required
- Expert oral and written communication skills to facilitate critical discussions between business customers, project stakeholders, and contracting team. We consider communication skills a key required skill
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Use of version control software or software migration routines
- Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology
- experience in multiple test and production environments
- Experience with the BLS standard IT development products and environments
- Knowledge of BLS surveys and systems
- Specific experience developing statistical systems