Lead Software Architect III
ITCON Services is looking for a bright, motivated Software Architect III (Lead) to join our team. The position will be responsible for the architectural design of the entire software system. Tasks will include designing interfaces between sub-systems, support for testing, and integration of applications. In addition, the Software Architect II will oversee all aspects of software development and act as a network and infrastructure expert providing technical guidance to all contractor staff, develops system architecture, and supports identification and selection of contractor staff.
The senior software architect is essential for the successful completion of all development work and maintenance of critical applications. The senior architect position requires experience in developing and maintaining highly trafficked applications using C#, ASP .Net, and VB6, and experience with Oracle databases.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a diverse environment and be able to multitask many work streams at once. This associate will mentor junior staff and have be able to take 100% ownership of tasks assigned. The Technical Lead must be eligible to hold a Government Security Clearance.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
This opening is for a full-time salaried position located in the ITCON Services headquarters in Southwest DC, steps away from L’Enfant Plaza metro station.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma plus 18 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree plus 12 years of experience
- 9 or more years of experience in the design and development of applications
- 9 or more years of experience in data modeling, data warehousing, distributed processing, utilization of tools for data modeling and logical and physical database design, software integration, and/or security issues and techniques
- 9 or more years of experience with business and system object modeling
- 9 or more years of experience developing analysis & design and software architecture documents
- At least 9 years coding experience with task specified programming languages (e.g., Java, C++, C#, PowerBuilder, etc)
- At least 9 years coding experience with SQL or database stored procedures
- At least 9 years of experience with Internet/Intranet protocols and web server technologies
- At least 9 years of experience building Service Oriented Architecture using web service standards (i.e., SOAP, RPC, REST, or micro services)
- At least 7 years of experience with current network, development and database architectures and technologies
- At least 7 years of experience developing systems architectures
- At least 7 years of experience developing enterprise projects utilizing iterative system development methodologies
- Knowledge of advanced testing tools and at least one year of experience with automated test-driven development in an agile environment
- Experience with continuous integrated and continuous delivery tools and technologies
- At least 1 year of experience with user story development or analysis in an agile development environment
- At least 5 years of experience as a technical leader of software engineering or computer professionals
- At least 3 years of experience with XML or JSON
- Possess a senior-level of knowledge and experience in the following:
- Evaluating or employing various local or wide -area network architectures required
- Multi-platform technologies
- Current network, development and database architectures and technologies
- Internet/Intranet protocols and web server technologies
- Developing systems architectures
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- The use of version control software or software migration routines
- Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology
- Experience in multiple test and production environments
- Experience with the BLS standard IT development products and environments
- Knowledge of BLS surveys and systems
- Specific experience developing statistical systems