Technical Writer III
ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated, knowledgeable, and detail-oriented Technical Writer to join our team. The Technical Writer will work in close collaboration with developers, testers, and other project roles. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to documenting project deliverables such as: stakeholder requirements, test plan/ test cases, technical designs, operations manual, user manual, training material, release notes, status reports, and proposal responses.
The ideal candidate for this position should be able to work with minimal supervision, employ effective technical writing and time management skills to organize and handle multiple highly visible priorities, projects, and products simultaneously.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
This opening is for a full-time salaried position located in the ITCON Services headquarters in Southwest DC, steps away from L’Enfant Plaza metro station. Applicant must be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States and clearable for Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience as a technical writer in the IT industry
- Proficiency in writing in technical subjects and critical editing skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong written and oral and communication skills
- Advanced level expertise in MS Office Suite
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Takes initiative and does not require close monitoring
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with writing RFP response
- Experience with Business Analysis and Testing
- Experience with working on Agile teams
- Experience with Federal Government Customers