Sr. Solutions Architect
While we are Headquartered in Seattle, we are seeking the best talent to join our team & will consider Remote/Telework options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
Who We Are:
iStreamPlanet delivers some of the world’s most prestigious and most viewed online experiences, such as the Olympics, Super Bowl, NCAA March Madness and FIFA World Cup. We are also helping traditional and new media brands, including Fox, NBC, Turner, DirecTV, Hulu and fuboTV, among others, reimagine their businesses by delivering their content directly to their consumers at scale via engaging online experiences. We are majority owned by Turner and a subsidiary of WarnerMedia, much like our sister companies HBO and Warner Bros, but we are also uniquely positioned to serve the broader market in the US and globally.
iStreamPlanet’s engineers are empowered to do what’s right for our customers. We encourage creative solutions, trust and demand data, and generally gravitate toward open source. We have a learning culture and continually seek ways to deliver a better product. We maintain a very high bar for ourselves and depend on one another to meet national broadcast expectations. We are committed to delivering the best experience to the fan whenever and wherever.
For more info, check us out at https://istreamplanet.com/
What Part Will You Play?
StreamPlanet is building services to revolutionize video delivery over the Internet – making television a better experience for our users. It’s an epic undertaking, so we need help!
We’re looking for a Solutions Architect to join our Solutions Delivery Team. You’ll lead the technical aspects of our customer engagements – everything from gathering requirements, designing end-to-end solutions for customers, technical oversight of custom solutions, and driving continuous improvement of the customer’s solution to help exceed their business goals.
In a short time, you will develop deep competence in iStreamPlanet’s platform and products, and you will build strong relationships with both the customer’s business and technical teams.
Your daily work schedule will be hectic and deadlines will be tight. You will solve complex video workflows, content protection, advertising, and often venture into unknown territories where you’ll need to invent new and creative solutions to problems. You’ll work with partners to integrate their technology and services with iStreamPlanet – our customers have complex problems which span many vendors, but still need to work seamlessly.
You have a passion for streaming media, you’re a problem solver with deep technical skills, and you are driven to help our customers succeed.
iStreamPlanet´s customers are among the world’s largest media companies and broadcasters, so the bar is high to provide fantastic content experiences to end users as digital media delivery grows.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Develop a complete understanding of all iStreamPlanet platform services and components and be capable of presenting to sophisticated customers.
- Stay current on new and upcoming industry technologies which could help our customers.
- Provide technical design for solutions that holistically address customer project objectives.
- Estimate cost and complexity of proposed solutions.
- Vet and advise on complimentary third-party technology and services.
- Translate customer requirements into technical deliverables and identify key integration points, dependencies and risks.
- Oversee custom development efforts, design API’s, communicate requirements to contractors and vendors and drive efforts to successful delivery.
- Be a short-term or long-term team member of a customer project depending on their needs.
- Contribute to sales efforts (RFPs, meetings, teleconferences).
- Cooperate closely across iStreamPlanet’s Product, Operations, and Support teams as well as external partners to ensure customer success end to end.
What Do We Need From You?
- Expertise with several digital video technologies and platforms (signal acquisition, encoding, video streaming, DRM, CDN’s, player tech, ad platforms, content management, cloud services).
- 10+ years of experience in the digital media industry in a technical design capacity.
- Track record of delivering comprehensive solutions requiring integration of multiple services and components.
- Experience leading technical teams.
- Relevant higher education.
- Ability to travel.
- Able to build rapport internal to iStreamPlanet and with our customers. You like people and people like you.
- Able to work independently and ready to jump in with hands-on work.
- Organized and a team player.
- Able to thrive when requirements are ambiguous and still move the customer forward toward success.
- Passionate about the media industry and the online TV experience.
- A systems thinker in possession of deep technical skills.
iStreamPlanet is building connected video services for the Internet age. We’re ambitious, agile, dynamic, and 100% customer focused. We’re also fun, appreciate good humor, and we want people who are passionate about their work.
iStreamPlanet is an equal opportunity employer.