Senior Data QA Engineer
iSpot.tv is seeking a Data QA Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team. We have a product that is changing how brands, agencies and networks measure and assess the impact of TV advertising campaigns. Our software uses proprietary audio and video analysis to monitor and extract TV commercials, movie trailers and other promotional content from TV. At the same time, our software analyzes consumer interactions with TV ads on the digital screen across search, video and social.
We are looking for someone that is highly motivated and knows how to get things done quickly and efficiently. We are seeking a talented individual who will share our obsession for data accuracy; someone with an insatiable appetite for learning new things and accomplishing challenging goals in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
In this role you will:
- Mentor, train, and operate as a technical subject matter expert and thought leader on Data QA best practices and data monitoring/test automation scripts for senior analysts & mid-level Data QA engineers.
- Coordinate and collaborate with analysts & Data QA engineers in testing and monitoring efforts for assigned project Data QA activities. Design and implement monitoring and automation plans for projects. Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Analyze and troubleshoot Data QA related issues in a timely fashion.
- Review assigned project deliverables and ensure they meet quality standards.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing Data QA processes.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Investigate, document, track, and diagnose bugs discovered while testing.
- Answer team members’ technical questions.
- Design, develop, and execute data monitoring and test automation scripts using either Python or Java. Review other team members’ code and provide feedback to Data QA engineers’ and analysts’ SQL and Java/Python code.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify testing requirements.
- Track quality assurance metrics, such as number of issues and test coverage, and report status updates to stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Your skills and experience:
- BA & MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject (or equivalent experience).
- Proven work experience in software development.
- At least 7 years’ experience with data analysis using open-source tools and querying big data sources.
- Experience with MySQL, AWS Redshift, and Snowflake.
- Advanced level of Tableau, Qlik, and/or other BI tools.
- Advanced SQL knowledge.
- 5-7 years’ experience building testing/data analysis tools using either Python or Java.
- 5-7 years’ experience using Jupyter Notebooks for data cleansing, data monitoring, and data modeling.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in data engineering with a focus on data integrity.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Startup experience preferred.
If you don't feel you met every single requirement for the role, don't rule yourself out. Please apply anyway! iSpot.tv is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our HR team.