Senior CMS Developer - Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
Isobar is a global digital agency that delivers experience-led transformations powered by creativity. We have redefined the way consumers experience music through emerging technology with the creation of Aeronaut. We have taken six disparate brands and brought them under one house through the transformation of Zwilling. We have strategized, built and executed the digital reinvention of Enterprise, Alamo + National. And we have connected families to LAIKA’s Missing Link characters through the power of voice. Isobar has a longstanding history of solving complex business problems. We have deep expertise in UX, creative, technology and optimization and are able to take on the toughest problems because of it. Sound like something you want to be a part of?
Isobar is looking for a Senior Adobe Experience Manager / CMS Developer who has recent digital consumer experience with the AEM product suite, including Sites, Assets, Mobile, and Communities. The candidate should be a strong Java developer with recent and direct experience using AEM software.
Candidates must have IT consulting experience, be familiar with a team approach to execution, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel.
- Develop digital consumer experiences based on the foundation of the AEM product suite, including Sites, Assets, Mobile, and Communities
- Design and implement components for the AEM platform
- Build solutions on top of the Adobe Sites, Assets, Mobile, and Communities modules
- Create and integrate content-driven applications on top of the AEM core platform
- Follow best practices to manage performance and scalability of the content management and content delivery solution
- Develop OSGI bundles for Java code
- Develop custom sling servlets in AEM
- Develop workflow step components
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to content management implementation
- Use, extend and develop widgets
Required Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- 3-4 years’ experience working with web content management systems, including one or more CMS packages such as AEM 6.x
- Mastery of all core web technologies and web services development using RESTful implementations
- Deep understanding of Java, JEE, servlets, JSP, tag libraries, and JSTL skills, combined with a strong understanding of enterprise Java frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate)
- Proficient in AEM foundational concepts, including the OAK repository microkernel, the CQ platform, and the use of core frameworks (e.g., Apache Sling, Apache Felix)
- Solid understanding of all Adobe AEM building blocks, including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, etc., as well as the AEM development and deployment process
- Strong understanding of SPA SDK features, AEM model.json, sling models, and headless CMS development
- Experience with AMS administration features and Cloud Manager
- Experience with implementing search functionality on Lucene or SOLR
- Experience with the OAK repository and creating indexes for queries
- Experience with HTL templating language
- Experience creating dialogues for touch UI components
- Familiarity with JS frameworks, CSS, and client library concepts
- Familiarity with iterative/Agile methodology
- Experience working with Maven and standard IDEs
- Experience with standard DevOps and CI/CD tools
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.