Senior Consultant - Information Management
Ironside has an immediate opening for a Senior Consultant in our Information Management team. We are looking for technically savvy, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are interested in an opportunity to fast-track their careers in information management. Ironside is an established market leader with a reputation of delivering the highest quality solutions by way of only the most qualified and experienced consultants. We're looking for the best and brightest to join those ranks and rapidly grow within our tight-knit community.
The main focus of this role entails assisting clients with business intelligence (BI) related database design and/or creation. The individual will be expected to work with clients across multiple markets and industries often playing several different roles within a project lifecycle. Excellent requirements gathering and communication skills are a must.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance with respect to data warehousing best practices and attention to quality documentation within large and mid-market organizations.
- Manage both internal and external resources, timelines, and milestones across a vertical set of industries.
- Provide overall thought leadership to organizations with regards to creative data profiling and integration recommendations.
- Responsible for designing and implementing detailed data warehouse models and data mappings.
- Resolving any and all issues throughout the development lifecycle.
- Perform performance optimization and tuning on new and/or existing data warehouse implementations.
- Provide detailed documentation, end user training and knowledge-transfer services to customers.
- Support annually defined companywide strategic goals aimed at the continued expansion of the Ironside Group.
- Develop and maintain expertise in advanced and/or emerging data warehouse and analytical information technologies such as cloud data warehousing and ETL, data warehouse appliances, and data lakes.
- Continue professional and technical growth through corporate and personnel initiatives.
Your Proven Track Record:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a data architecture role.
- Practical experience using ETL tool (Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS, Glue, Talend, or other).
- Working knowledge of modeling tools (Erwin and/or Rational Rose) in addition to hands-on experience with business intelligence tools.
- Excellent data profiling abilities.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and related SQL procedure languages.
- OLAP experience is a plus.
- AWS platform experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Experience in managing data warehouse project and lifecycle initiatives.
- Regional travel would be required.
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, or Azure SQL Server / Data Factory is desired.
- Subject matter expertise in Insurance or Financial Services (Asset Management, Hedge Funds, Banking) is a plus.
The Ironside Edge:
- The opportunity to join and grow an ever expanding professional network of high profile clients and reputable colleagues.
- A passionate and approachable leadership team that encourages an entrepreneurial frame of mind and welcomes contribution to business development from all members of the team.
- A challenging, dynamic and rewarding work environment which fosters rapid professional growth in a space that is at the forefront of information technology.
- An unparalleled opportunity to gain in depth operational experience across a variety of industries and organizational departments.
- The opportunity to explore and put into practice cutting edge technology on a regular basis.
- An incentivized development program that enhances your skill set with professional training and certifications.
- Competitive merit-based compensation and bonus packages that rapidly reward passionate and driven team members.
- Small company culture, with big company benefits: 4 Weeks PTO (5 Weeks after 5 Years), PPO, Dental, Life, Vision, FSA, and 401(k).
- A work hard/play hard, familial culture that loves to get together whenever we can for great food (and drink), sporting events, etc. We are equal parts passionate about our people and our work and we like to enjoy ourselves both in and out of the office.
At Ironside, we dive deep into clients’ core business challenges, emerging with new insights into how we can leverage the power of business analytics to help move companies further and faster toward their goals.
Our expertise in business intelligence, performance management, predictive analytics, information management, big data, and more only becomes meaningful when brought into careful alignment with where a business stands today and where it means to be tomorrow.
Our goal is to use the power of business analytics to propel businesses forward and upward, until they break through to a new way of looking at their industry, the world, and their place in both. It’s a lofty way of thinking. One that has helped us make new inroads in our industry, and our clients in theirs.